MAKE YOUR CAREER FLY WITH MONARCH AIRLINES AND CTC AVIATION
Monarch Airlines, the leading scheduled leisure airline, has once again selected world-leading airline training provider, CTC, as its chosen partner to provide a further group of aspiring pilots with the opportunity to train to become tomorrow’s Monarch Airlines pilots. This first class opportunity is all the more attractive as the airline will be part-sponsoring the training for successful applicants.
- Selection for the "Monarch Wings" MPL cadet programme
- Conditional offer of employment with Monarch Airlines for successful applicants prior to commencement of training
- Theoretical Knowledge (TK) training
- Theoretical Knowledge exams (ATPL)
- Airline Preparation Days
- Core flying experience
- Upset Recovery Training (URT) and multi engine experience
- Basic phase introduction to A320 - procedural instrument training and multi-crew procedures with URT
- Intermediate phase - A320 systems and procedures training including URT consolidation
- Advanced phase - A320 type rating training and issue of restricted MPL (Multi-crew Pilot Licence) and Base training
- Initial Operating Experience (IOE) phase
- Final operating line check
- Unrestricted MPL as First Officer for Monarch Airlines
- ATPL issued upon achieving 1500 hours of total relevant experience
PLEASE NOTE - The application window for the current 'Monarch Wings' MPL cadet programme closed at midnight on 30 June 2013. If you have applied and been invited in for assessment, please book your assessment day without delay! Our events are filling up fast and we now only have availability on 5th and 10th July. Please also note that those shortlised will be required to attend a final assessment at CTC on 15 July, so be prepared to make yourself available for that date too! Good luck!
If you missed this application window, you can register to stay in touch with CTC Wings and Monarch Wings news.
Don't forget, CTC Wings is open all year for applications and courses start every month. As a CTC Wings graduate, you can be considered for entry to any of our Partner Airlines (subject to their current requirement and meeting the standards through training of course).
CTC Aviation and Monarch Airlines have been working in partnership for many years and a large proportion of the current Monarch pilot team have been trained by CTC - either as cadets or as experienced pilots. In 2011 the two companies set a global precedent for cadet pilot training by launching the first ever 'pure' MPL programme and setting new standards for pilot training. Several of our other Partner Airlines have since followed suit, but when the first group of 'Monarch Wings' MPL pilots graduate to 'fly the line' with Monarch Airlines in July 2013, it will be a momentous event for airline pilot training the world over. You can see more on their progress by following one of their cadet blogs on our website - here
- you will learn first hand what the experience with 'Monarch Wings' is like!
Developed jointly by Monarch Airlines, CTC Aviation and the UK Civil Aviation Authority, the 'Monarch Wings' Multi-Crew Pilot Licence is a programme for applicants with the unrestricted right to live and work in the EEA.
Successful applicants will undergo their ground school and basic flight ttraining at CTC's state-of-the- art Crew Training Centre - Hamilton on the North Island of New Zealand. The later stages of training on the A320 simulators will be delivered by the CTC team at our United Kingdom simulator centre, near Southampton and you will complete your Initial Operating Experience (IOE) with Monarch out of Luton or one of their other United Kingdom operational bases.
If you think you have what it takes to be a Monarch Airlines pilot, this is your chance! "Monarch Wings" offers you an outstanding opportunity to receive the very best training and fulfill your goal. Within two years you could be at the controls of a Monarch A320 flying with passengers on board flying around Monarch's extensive European network.
Learn more about Monarch Airlines
and then take your first step to becoming a Monarch Airlines pilot. Read on and apply today!