International Pilot Programme
Do you have what it takes?
IPP – Self-funded
- Be at least 17 years of age on the date of application
- Achievement (12 credits or better) at Level 2 NCEA (or equivalent) in Maths, English and preferably a Science subject
- Be eligible to hold and maintain a CAANZ Class 1 medical certificate
- Consent to a background and CAA/Aviation Security check, including a Criminal Record Check (Priv/F2). The purpose of this is to identify possible causes that may preclude you from being issued a licence
- If English is your second language meet an IELTS requirement 6.0 (with no band below 5.0) or an equivalent English Language examination as defined by the Civil Aviation Authority; or the ICAO Aviation English Proficiency Test at a minimum of Level 4
- Be eligible to apply for a New Zealand student visa (if applicable)
The selection process for entry into any CTC Wings training programme is rigorous and comprehensive. Selection is key to the success of our programme and your future.
As an International Pilot Programme applicant, you will be required to undertake our assessment process as outlined below. Selection generally takes place at CTC's Crew Training Centre at Hamilton International Airport.
Apply online at www.ctcwings.com/nz
. Your application will be carefully screened to ensure your suitability for the next stage.
If your application is successful, you will be invited to take part in an assessment day (a fee applies) where we will test your numerical competence, discover your natural ability using the world’s leading pilot aptitude testing system, and observe you taking part in group activities in order to evaluate your interpersonal skills.
We’ll also answer any remaining questions you have about the programme during a presentation delivered by a member of the CTC team.
Those who are successful at phase two will be asked to take part in an interview conducted by members of our selection team.
Upon successful completion of the selection process, CTC will confirm your enrolment.